Glowing skin is an indication of general well being.
The market is flooded with skincare products that promise wonders. Many people have bought some of these products only for their skin to react badly to the ingredients.
If you want to avoid such disappointments, you can opt to use herbal home remedies for your daily skincare.
For ages, humans have used natural remedies for various skincare reasons without unfavorable outcomes.
Read on to discover the top 6 herbal home remedies for radiate glowing skin.
1. Oatmeal Facial Treatment
Oatmeal is a favorite breakfast snack in many homes, but you can also use this for your skincare.
When you combine oatmeal with lemon and honey, the mixture makes a natural remedy for face treatment. Oatmeal has some antioxidants that cleanse your skin and remove dead skin cells without causing inflammation.
Besides, it has some healing effects that treat acne.
- Treats face acne
- Helps exfoliate skin
- Assists in remove excess skin oil
- Suitable for blemish treatment
- Gentle on sensitive skin
How to use Oatmeal for Home Herbal Remedies:
- Take a tablespoon of oatmeal
- Mix it with honey and a few drops of lemon
- Sprinkle a little water on your well-cleansed face
- Rub the mixture on your face gently
- Pay attention to problem areas; where you have spots or blackheads
- Rinse off after five minutes
Yogurt has many health benefits when consumed as a drink. Besides, yogurt is beneficial when applied topically on the skin. The drink is rich in vitamin and probiotic elements required to heal pimples.
Yogurt has excellent skin healing results, and it does not harm your skin since it is a natural product. The Greek yogurt has the best healing abilities:
- Moisturizes skin
- Improves healing of pimples
- Gives an even and bright skin tone
- Yogurt is an effective exfoliator
- Slows skin ageing
- Improves skin glow
- Prevents skin irritation
How to Use Yogurt for Home Herbal Remedies
- Buy natural flavor yogurt (Greek)
- Apply on the face using your fingers and circular motions
- Leave the treatment for 30 minutes
- Wash off yogurt and apply an organic moisturizer
3. Tumeric Powder
Tumeric powder is a cooking and food coloration ingredient, and it is one of the best herbal home remedies for the skin. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric natural remedy, creates a soothing feeling on the skin and promotes an even skin color.
- Heals inflamed skin
- Improves skin tone
- Slows aging and allows your skin to glow
- Treats sunburns
- Prevents skin breakouts
How to Use Tumeric for Skin Home Herbal Remedies:
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with three teaspoons of olive oil
- Mix the two ingredients into a light consistency
- Use your fingers to apply the mixture on your skin
- Wash off after ten minutes
Honey has varied skincare benefits, but many people mainly use the ingredient as a natural remedy for chapped and dry lips. If you want smooth and healthy-looking lips, moisturize and protect them from environmental factors that escalate dryness. Lips are sensitive because they show wrinkles and ruin your makeup.
Experts advise that you adopt a routine to keep your lips healthy, such as drinking enough water and moisturizing your lips with friendly products. Honey is a natural remedy that makes your lips soft.
- Honey has antioxidant elements that heal chapped lips
- Prevents inflammation on dry lips
- Moisturizes your lips
- Soothes painful and cracked lips
- Removes dead skin
- Gives your lips a smooth and healthy appearance
How to Use Honey as a Herbal Home Remedy for Lips
- Mix a tablespoon of sugar with one tablespoon of honey
- Mix it evenly
- Apply the mixture with a finger on your lips, and massage it gently
- Scrub your lips with sugar granules to remove dead skin
- Rinse your lips with warm water and moisturize them
5. Raw Potatoes
Raw potatoes are moist and they have a cooling effect on your skin. The potatoes are often used to clear dark circles. Potatoes have enzymes that help brighten your skin and eliminate darkness around your eyes without causing irritation.
- Clears dark blemishes
- Brightens and smoothens your skin
- Has anti-ageing effects
- Exfoliates dead skin
- Relieves skin irritation
How to Use Raw Potatoes as Herbal Home Remedies
- Peel potatoes and cut them into small pieces, or grate them
- Cover them with a clean cheese cloth and strain out the liquid
- Keep the potato juice in a refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Soak cotton balls in the liquid and apply it on your eyes
- Leave the cotton balls for 30 minutes
- Rinse of the eyes and dry off gently
- Follow this routine daily, preferably just before bedtime.
6. Coconut Oil
The coconut virgin is also one of the best herbal home remedies for dry and irritated skin. The oil is organic since it is a coconut byproduct. One can use it for various purposes such as moisturizing the skin and makeup removal.
- It has antioxidant elements that heal irritated skin
- An effective moisturizer for dry skin
- Prevents and heals sunburns
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Can be used as a cleanser
- Slows aging effects; thus, fosters glowing skin
How to Use Coconut Oils Herbal Home Remedies:
- Buy extracted pure coconut oil
- Warm a teaspoon of the coconut oil until its silky
- Apply the oil on your face and massage it gently on your body
- Remove excess oil by dabbing lightly with a tissue
- Do not allow the oil to flow into your eyes
- Use it daily before bedtime
Some Extra Benefits of Home Herbal Remedies for Skin:
It is Affordable
You can use products that are already in the kitchen. Most herbal home remedies are available in your pantry, which saves you money. Unlike the conventional medicine, natural remedies are simple products that we use daily at home. You can also grow them in your kitchen garden.
Easy to Access
You do not require a prescription or a drive to the nearest pharmacy to acquire herbal home remedies. You can pick them from your garden or pantry.
It is All Natural
You use organic and pure products that do not have preservatives. The herbal home remedies do not have toxic additives.
No Side Effects
The coconut natural remedy products give you a glowing skin with no risk of negative reactions. Besides, you can enjoy smooth skin without spending a fortune.
Hope you enjoyed these 6 unique herbal remedies to give yourself glowing radiant skin! Also, if you want to go even more in-depth to learn more about herbal and home remedies, check out our #1 recommended product, The Lost Book of Remedies. This is a great resource for anyone looking for natural remedies you can implement at home! Click here to read the review now! 🙂